News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Averaging points in contour area

Search Discussion Boards
March 22, 2018 01:32PM
Just want to be sure I am getting good information from what I am doing. Found very little in help on this, and it was kind of confusing for my feable mind.

I have a point layer for a field that are planting rates. I have exported the points from a grid I have in a program we use called MapCalcas an arcview shape file. I am importing them into Farmworks on a point layer. I contour these points by clicking on the New View on the point layer, click on Contour, using the average method. I run different scenarios using different cell sizes and smoothing until I kind of get the areas that look alot like what our average yield area look like.

Now I want to be able to export those areas and numbers I see in the legend to an arcview shape file to be able to use for a planting prescription that our monitor can read.

This is how I have been doing it:
1- Copy the contour lines to an area layer.
2- Go back to Point Layer and highlight the Contour view I have made.
3- Click on New View and choose Area, check mark Grid then average base data and Create new composite layer. I leave the cell size method and smoothing the same as it was whe I made the view.
4- Browse and choose the area layer that I made.
5- Hit ok, and then it automatically makes a new layer called Average contour.

I set the legends for the point layer the same as for the Average contour layer and they seem to have slightly different acrages for each rate. Shouldn't they be the same?

Should I be doing something different?

I would appreciate any help you can give.
Thanks,
Becky
SubjectAuthorPosted

Averaging points in contour area

Becky NewellMarch 22, 2018 01:32PM

Re: Averaging points in contour area

Kathy ClineMarch 23, 2018 10:19AM

Re: Averaging points in contour area

Becky NewellMarch 27, 2018 11:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited