News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Tips: reading GS3 boundary files and job data into Trimble Software

Search Discussion Boards
January 31, 2017 09:56PM
I've been working with Trimble Ag Support and a Customer trying to read boundary's out of a GS3 monitor's jump drive into Trimble Ag Software. I don't own a JD Monitor. Below is my customer's suggestion to get the GS3 to map the boundaries and Kathy from Trimble Ag Support on how to read GS3 Data into Trimble Ag Software.
Previously my customer had emailed me;
"I already have the planting operation uploaded-the issue creating boundary maps from it or another way? Last time I talked to Greenstar, there is nothing else I can do on the GS3 end, to change the type of map created? There is not a way to "create a boundary map" other than the one I have."

Sound familiar?
After hours of communication with TA Support, and myself, he emailed me.
"I finally figured out how to create and import boundary maps from GS3 to Trimble Ag (formerly Farm Works). I set up a "dummy" planter, 6 rows, 15 ft wide, went to Boundary maps, made selections, hit red record button, lowered planter with 3 point and made one round on the field. Ended boundary, record, then exported to jump drive. Imported planting operation and boundary maps into Trimble."
Note; I created a "JD Downloads folder" on my computer's C drive and transferred all the raw GS3_2630 data without opening it, into that folder.
Downloading GS3 field boundaries into Trimble Ag Software.

Trimble Ag Support's, Kathy, sent this message: IMPORTANT; the folder that needs to be selected is the one above the "GS3_2630" folder in the tree. If you select the actual GS3_2630 data folder itself, this process will not work.
1. File > Read Job Data > open the GreenStar 3 option and highlight the correct Application or Yield data option, in my customers case for boundary's, we needed to choose "Beta".
2. Click Browse button. Remember, DO NOT browse to low if you get to the actual GS3_2630 data folder or RCD folder, you've gone too far.
3. SELECT ONLY the Drive letter that has the USB stick, or the Folder containing the GS3_2630 data on your hard drive.
4. Click > Select Folder at the bottom of screen. The files should populate the area below the browse.
5. Select the files you wish to read into Trimble Ag Software
Extra Notes; It may be possible when running an updated Firmware or Framework version on the
GS3 you should select the GS3 Beta option. Browse the same way however as above.
When using GS2, browse like you normally would.

Lorra, Martens Farms
620-585-6761
[martensfarms.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2017 10:42AM by Jeff Geiger.
SubjectAuthorPosted

Tips: reading GS3 boundary files and job data into Trimble Software

Martens Farms, LorraJanuary 31, 2017 09:56PM

Re: reading GS3 boundary files and job data into Trimble Software

KathyClineFebruary 01, 2017 08:15AM

Becky NewellMarch 06, 2017 09:35AM

KathyClineMarch 09, 2017 05:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited