News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Import Ag Leader iby boundary file

Search Discussion Boards
February 06, 2017 08:22PM
Hello,

I am using an Edge monitor. I have an ATV set up with the antenna above the right front wheel. In the Edge, I have configured a tillage implement to a width of 22 ft. I have also set an offset on the tillage implement such that as I am driving along the field boundary the right edge of the implement aligns with the edge of the field. I am recording the field boundary at the same time I am logging area. When I finish logging the boundary of the field, I enter the boundary options menu in the Edge monitor where a selection is available to export the boundary. As I recall, it does not prompt for the file type at time of export. The resulting file on the data card has a file type of .iby.

Today, I attempted a different tactic understanding that Farmworks may not be suitable for reading .iby files in its current state. In the big picture, I have been working to layout a large field border with 40 ft wide filter strips across the middle. My first step was to log the outer border as described in the previous paragraph which produced a 60.2 acre field. To establish the inner boundary of the headland and filter strips, I drove along the inner boundary logging area but not recording a boundary. My strategy was to read into Farmworks the logged area and then allow the software package to draw the boundary's. However, it appears that the Farmworks software does not recognize the implement offset I employed on the Edge and observed on the Edge while logging area. The imported data as deciphered by Farmworks places the logged data as centered from the antenna receiver. Rather than viewing a job with overlapping application areas, I have application data with a substantial gap between the items. If no ready made solution exists, I guess I will have to investigate alternative methods.

Chris
SubjectAuthorPosted

Import Ag Leader iby boundary file

ChrisJanuary 30, 2017 09:20PM

KathyClineJanuary 31, 2017 09:49AM

ChrisFebruary 06, 2017 08:22PM

KathyClineFebruary 07, 2017 07:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited