News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Calibrating a yield map

Search Discussion Boards
January 15, 2017 06:15PM
How a person enters data is entirely up to the individual. What ever it takes to make sense to yourself. The only conditions that limit us is the capabilities of the software we are using. There are limits and conditions that need to be followed in order to maintain a clear and corrupt free working space.

I too have done as you at times in which I create a manual harvest job including all the inputs, and then merge with the imported yield data. Does create some work sometimes if bushels are not accurately accounted for. Then it depends on if you are relying on the scale tickets or the base yield data to work with.

Anymore i just import the yield data and add the other inputs to this job, then I am not having to edit date and time stamps as well.
I do not enter scale tickets out of the field. I use my own spreadsheet for keeping track of scale tickets and just use the totals from this to correct any yield differences.

Scale tickets coming off the field into a bin are a good start and useful if keeping track of shrinkage and the like. But the only time I rely on scale tickets is when it goes across a scale at the elevator or place of sale as that is the only weight that I am actually paid on and gives me the final numbers concerning yield and revenue. Then it is a simple edit to the harvest job yield numbers to true up the bushels from each field, moved from the field to a bin, then sold from the bin. Then I have a paper trail of the grain movement with the correct numbers to associate with the dollars.

My opinions and practices.

Mitch
SubjectAuthorPosted

Calibrating a yield map

BarrettJanuary 14, 2017 08:51PM

Mitch KonenJanuary 15, 2017 03:28PM

BarrettJanuary 15, 2017 04:15PM

Mitch KonenJanuary 15, 2017 06:15PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited