News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Farm/Field numbers in RDS Treatment Files

Search Discussion Boards
November 14, 2016 08:02PM
Kathy,

thanks for your help.

Yes I can change the farm and field names in Farm Works, but actually there is very little need to do that because I created the farm structure by reading in RDS yield files (as the documentation recommends) so these are generally matching up. The problem is that I only seem to be able to edit the name not the number.

The issue is that the RDS box identifies treatment plans by the farm/field by number not name (where it does use a name that is merely an index to help the operator locate the number). The RDS documentation says these numbers must from part of the treatment file name - the first 4 digits must be the field number and the last 2 digits must be the farm number.

I imagined that when reading in the RDS yield files Farm Works would store the RDS farm/field numbers and reuse these when creating RDS treatment plans, but that didn't happen. It did not display the farm/field numbers at all let alone offer to "link" them. If did "link" the names of the farm/field but that is not sufficient to keep the RDS box happy.
Farm Works has ignored the numbers it was given and renumbered everything eg treatment plans for "WOOD FARM", LODGE FIELD" which RDS expects to be farm 2 field 7 come out as farm 1 field 4. This are not random choices - it seems to be because WOOD FARM happened to be the first farm for which a treatment plan was created and "LODGE FIELD" happened to be the 4th field likewise.

Once Farm Works has allocated an RDS number to a farm and field it seems to stick to those same numbers forever, rather than creating new numbers each time a batch of treatment files are written. So Lodge Field is always being written as farm 1 field 4 (ie 0004xxxx.F01) regardless of how many other plans are created in the meantime. I need Farm Works to call the file 0007xxxx.F02 but the write job function doesn't give me any control over the file names created.

IF Farm Works is using the same (wrong) number every time then it seems to me that it must have saved that number somewhere and I should be able to edit it.

Is there really no way to do that please?

PS re import of fertilizer logs I think it made Farm Works crash but I will try again and let you know.
SubjectAuthorPosted

Farm/Field numbers in RDS Treatment Files

leedersNovember 11, 2016 02:01PM

KathyClineNovember 14, 2016 09:44AM

leedersNovember 14, 2016 08:02PM

KathyClineNovember 15, 2016 02:09PM

leedersNovember 25, 2016 01:52PM

KathyClineNovember 28, 2016 01:38PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited