News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Trying to import tiff photos into farmworks

Search Discussion Boards
January 12, 2016 12:15AM
Hi Guys

Just thought I'd add to this. I have played around with importing tiff images that are georeferenced with a World file (tfw) into Farm Works.

There is a problem with Farm Works that means if you are using a tif file, you need to copy the original tif file into the Backdrop directory after you have imported the file (or you end up with a white rectangle and not the image - it looks like it hasn't worked, but if you turn on your background images that show roads or satellite imagery you can see a white rectangle). Best to stick with jpg and jgw.

The Calibrate software should be able to read the georeferencing information from the World file, so that you don't need to do the manual calibration.

There is a problem with very large images, but I haven't bothered to work out where the size threshold is.

The calibrate program will not work if there is a '.' or a '&' in the folder name.

Also, if you have 1 image covering a very large area (eg landsat tile approx. 235x235km), then you will find that the georeferencing is out and gets worse the further that you get from the NW corner of the image.

One final thing to mention for Australian users - you can only use unprojected WGS84 latitude/longitude imagery - as our local projections aren't supported.

Cheers

Jo
SubjectAuthorPosted

Trying to import tiff photos into farmworks

Curt McNaughtonDecember 28, 2015 07:28PM

jopetersJanuary 12, 2016 12:15AM

KathyClineDecember 29, 2015 07:54AM

Curt McNaughtonJanuary 06, 2016 09:10AM

Scott NusbaumJanuary 06, 2016 02:29PM

Curt McNaughtonJanuary 06, 2016 06:10PM

Scott NusbaumJanuary 07, 2016 06:59AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited