News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Trying to import tiff photos into farmworks

Search Discussion Boards
January 06, 2016 09:10AM
Hi Kathy,
I got this for a response today via email along with a note that the case was closed.
Description:
He has taken some pics with my drone and had them stitched together with dronedploy. What I would like to do is be able to import them and then use them to overlay a yield map to see corresponding data, also if they are good I would like to be able to use them for the base map of such things as a vra map. I have read some of the info on the discussion forum about importing tiff's and having to convert them to world tiff's etc. Is there not a more simple way to get a geo referenced photo into farmworks? Also is there a size limit that a person should try to stay under when bringing in photos?
Solution:

checked with Admin and states there are too many variables on those images sizes. I was told "High Resolution" files do not work very well in FW Office. Recommendation is to play around with high and medium and lower resolution files from droneploy and see what works best in Farm Works.

As a side note our Calibration program does have an option for Half resolution, if droneploy can only save in higher resolutions only to help reduce the file size. Also saving the images in bitmap file format creates a smaller size file as well, compared to Tiff file formats.

I can honestly say not that impressed with such a response. I have been a farmworks customer for a very long time and truly believe drone pics are going to be used extensively in the future. If its a matter of the program not being able to handle them at all I could understand that. I cannot even get the pics to load into calibrate and have tried many different resolutions and file sizes from dronedeploy.
My true dissapointment is that the response indicates it may work if I play around with it but otherwise the case is closed.
Thought I would get some feedback that I could send to dronedeploy as far as formats or total file size allowable, etc.
Thank you for taking to it admin.
Curt
SubjectAuthorPosted

Trying to import tiff photos into farmworks

Curt McNaughtonDecember 28, 2015 07:28PM

jopetersJanuary 12, 2016 12:15AM

KathyClineDecember 29, 2015 07:54AM

Curt McNaughtonJanuary 06, 2016 09:10AM

Scott NusbaumJanuary 06, 2016 02:29PM

Curt McNaughtonJanuary 06, 2016 06:10PM

Scott NusbaumJanuary 07, 2016 06:59AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited