November 16, 2014 03:55PM
Just finished harvest on thursday and went to import data into farm works. I first imported into a test project as i was not ready for the data in the real project and everything came through just as it should. Several days passed and now i imported into my project and have had nothing but problems. I have fields that are only showing .8 acres was harvested and only 15 bushels was harvested when it really was a 5 acre field and 200 bushels was havested. I also have fields that are showing 10 acres harvested when it is only a 2 acre field and it is showing 360 bushels harvested. I have deleted all imported harvest info and tried to re import with the same results. I deleted all data off the jump drive and put on the desktop and tried again with the same results. I even deleted all harvest data off farm works and the drive and re exported from FMX and still have the same result in farm works. The data is there in the FMX, The data is there in the field summarys the fmx creates but farm works will not import the correct data in my actual project but it is there just fine in the test project. This is the one reason i bought farm works and an Trimble product was to elimate this problem and is has been nothing but a problem for 2 years in a row now. If i had known that it was going to be this much of a problem to get an FMX to correctly work for yield data and now that i have the data and can not get into farm works i would have just kept on counting dumps i would have been money and time ahead. Also why is it that when you import yield data you have to import it all? Why cant it just be like every other task and import field by field. To me the FMX and yield data is such a backwards way of doing anything. Be sides sending the data in ( For a second year in a row) and waiting countless weeks just to find out that there is nothing that you can do any way what can be done to correct this issue? If sending the data in is the only way just count me out as i need the data in the next 10 days for crop insurance. I guess i will just manually enter the data for a second year in a row and move on and only hope that next year trimble figures out how to get a FMX and Farm works to talk together. I am very disappointed in trimble and farm works when it comes to yield data.

Edit Farm works is 2014.09.36

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2014 03:57PM by farmer319.
SubjectAuthorPosted

Importing FMX Data problems for the 2nd year in a row

farmer319November 16, 2014 03:55PM

Re: Importing FMX Data problems for the 2nd year in a row

KathyClineNovember 17, 2014 08:24AM

farmer319November 17, 2014 08:16PM

KathyClineNovember 18, 2014 03:14PM

farmer319November 25, 2014 07:45PM

Deb HurrawNovember 26, 2014 11:46AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login