News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

December 03, 2012 09:43PM
Orlow,

I have been using some aerial companies in the past and at times they work great, but you have to line everything up with them, get shape files of field boundaries to them, and then wait until cloud cover dissipates. Then the imagery processing. Some companies offer very high resolution, others don't. Prices are coming down for the services. However, it must be a tough business, as companies turnover quickly it seems.

I recently used the Greenseeker sensors for a project and they worked great. I can envision these units being attached to a tractor or sprayer to collect the NDVI data as one is already making passes over the field for some other operation (passive data collection). So once you buy the equipment and its paid for, you can get endless amounts of very high resolution NDVI maps for years to come. And you don't have to wait on cloud cover and then keeping paying per acre acreage fees.

Farmworks handled the data very well and the maps came out very useful. I logged the data using Mobile and then exported the point data as a shape file. Then I read the job into the Desktop software.
SubjectAuthorPosted

NDVI maps

OrlowNovember 29, 2012 05:53PM

Re: NDVI maps

Scott NusbaumNovember 29, 2012 06:38PM

OrlowNovember 30, 2012 08:22PM

bviatorDecember 03, 2012 09:43PM

Scott NusbaumNovember 30, 2012 11:01PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited