News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Calibrating JPEG w/ world file

Search Discussion Boards
July 17, 2012 08:07AM
Make sure your image and world files are saved in the same folder location. I would save them both in the C:\farmproj (or whatever your installed directory is for FW)\Images\backdrop folder. Then try to open the Calibrate.exe file from the same FW Directory folder. See what happens. I am assuming that the world jpeg file has an extension of jpw? Also I have added a link to how you can setup the Tools Menu to add Calibrate from within your project. You can also simply try to import as a background the jpeg file, which would take you to Calibrate automatically.

Just as a side note in the new version 2012.03 and higher, we have added the Bing Imagery as a Background Layer button from the Map Tab to use as well. These imagery files also contain road names which has been a very useful tool.

You are correct that either the MS Terra sever has closed down or has changed their web address, so we do not have access to those files right now. We are checking into this issue to see what can be done, But do not have a time frame on when this can be resolved.

Thanks,

Kathy Cline,
Farm Works Software
SubjectAuthorPosted

Calibrating JPEG w/ world file

Kurt M Van NessJuly 16, 2012 05:00PM

KathyClineJuly 17, 2012 08:07AM

Kurt M Van NessJuly 17, 2012 12:19PM

KathyClineJuly 18, 2012 08:04AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited