News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Parallel polygons.

Search Discussion Boards
June 19, 2012 01:18PM
Hi, I am trying to create a polygon layer that will eventually become the template for my application zone layer in the future. I would like to differentiate the application of products that ultimately will match up to my sprayer. We are on RTK controlled traffic with 30' seeding equipment and a 90' sprayer and I would like to have parallel polygons across the field that are every 90 feet apart to match the sprayer pass. The headlands would be separate. All changes then to variety, population, fertilizer, and crop protection applications will only occur from one 90' zone to the next zone. Once the parallel zones are created then I will copy my soils map and paste cut the polygons. This will eventually give me a field zone map that is both differentiated by soil type and application equipment.

The buffer tool is almost appropriate but I don't want the created polygons to go around the field but back and forth. There is the offset tool for line layers that is exactly what I want but I cannot convert or copy the line layer to a polygon layer. I tried creating a multiline that would end up back on the starting point, exported it, and then imported it but that didn't work. Eventually I would want to be able to stack this layer with point layers and have the point layer average out to these polygons. Do you have any suggestions?

Marty

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2012 01:18PM by Marty Visto.
SubjectAuthorPosted

Parallel polygons.

Marty VistoJune 19, 2012 01:18PM

Re: Parallel polygons.

KathyClineJune 19, 2012 03:41PM

Re: Parallel polygons.

Marty VistoJune 19, 2012 05:18PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited