News Office Field Order Support About Us

Re: Can't read Greenstar 2 data card

Search Discussion Boards
February 21, 2012 01:47AM
Hi Deb

The customer is having problems with both GS2 and GS3 data. Neither of them show him any jobs in the Read Job data window.

I have just tried his GS2 card and that works fine for me. I have told him to try reinstalling the updates for Office, FODM and GS2 and 3 to see if it solves the problem. (his system reports that he is on the latest version of everything). I have also sent him instructions for data structure of GS3 and where to point the program (as I suspect that he is reading it off his harddrive and not directly from the data card). He is a proficient Farm Works and computer user, so we can hopefully get this one figured out without too much of a problem.

I won't worry about the GS2 data that I have that doesn't work - it is old data that isn't required anymore - so not worth fixing unless someone else has a problem. From memory, it may have been cotton data.

I have noticed that sometimes, if you are using a data driver for the first time, it doesn't show the jobs. I am not sure what makes it then show them again - but eventually after clicking around different data drivers, cancelling the read job data box and/or browsing to different places, possibly even closing the software and going back in - they then appear. It has happened a couple of times to me, but I didn't notice exactly what I did to sort it out - they just appeared, when they weren't there before.

One more comment - populating the jobs list is REALLY REALLY slow! Much slower than it used to be. I get quite a lot of calls from people who say they can't read in their John Deere data because their PC has crashed - when in fact it is just reporting that it is not responding while it populates the list. You need to include instructions to go away and make a cup of coffee (and maybe bake a cake) when reading in John Deere data!

I'll keep you posted.

If you have any instructions for what else to do to work out why this customer is unable to see the GS2 and 3 data, please chip in.

Thanks

Jo
SubjectAuthorPosted

Can't read Greenstar 2 data card

jopetersFebruary 20, 2012 04:28AM

Deb HurrawFebruary 20, 2012 09:39AM

jopetersFebruary 20, 2012 09:43PM

jopetersFebruary 21, 2012 01:47AM

Re: Can't read Greenstar 2 data card - update on problem

jopetersFebruary 27, 2012 07:08PM

Deb HurrawFebruary 28, 2012 10:46AM

jopetersFebruary 28, 2012 08:02PM

jopetersMarch 05, 2012 05:35PM

jopetersMarch 22, 2012 07:06PM

jopetersMarch 26, 2012 12:34AM

Deb HurrawMarch 26, 2012 11:49AM

jopetersApril 04, 2012 07:44PM

jopetersMarch 26, 2012 06:19PM

Martin PetersApril 12, 2012 04:13AM

KathyClineApril 12, 2012 09:01AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited