News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Large Format Printing Problems in Version 11

Search Discussion Boards
October 07, 2008 08:25PM
Kathy, Let me make a few very important points here that have me puzzled:

1) I am very proficient in setting the map layout settings. I have lansdape and portrait layouts for letter and legal sizes with several different setups. The first thing I did was try to tweak the printer layout by editing it, that did not work.

2) It tells me that the print layout is not the problem since as I said, all other text based layers print on the full page - only the object and line layers cut off and do not print. Text layers such as for acreage and street names print over the entire page. Even the map compass prints in the upper corner fine.

3) I have tried this before and after a clean install of the operating system and software, with no luck.

4) I have also noticed with sone pdf generating software that when a PDF is created from Farmworks at 13" x 19" some of it gets cut off as well on the PDF, though not as much. If I increase the DPI resolution of the PDF from 600 to 1200 DPI, even less of the object and line layers shows up, but the entire text layer is fine. So it seems the problem is with the Farmworks print engine.

5) Trying to print from Window, Selection, etc. does not help.

6) Again, its not been a problem printing enything in other software in the large format.

See an example below of a PDF file I "printed" or exported from version 11. Its size in 13" x 19":

Download 13x19 PDF Export as an Example

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2008 08:28PM by Blaine Viator.
SubjectAuthorPosted

Large Format Printing Problems in Version 11

bviatorOctober 06, 2008 10:29PM

Kathy ClineOctober 07, 2008 06:58PM

bviatorOctober 07, 2008 08:25PM

Kathy ClineOctober 08, 2008 09:14AM

bviatorOctober 14, 2008 11:53AM

Deb HurrawOctober 14, 2008 05:08PM

bviatorOctober 14, 2008 05:16PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited