News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Greenstar yield monitors

Search Discussion Boards
I won't profess to be an expert on the Greenstar mapping system, but the last I heard, it was pretty much limited to yield mapping.

Farm Site gives you these additional features:
- An unlimited number of mapping layers for ANY type of maps including soil samples, weed problems, variety information, field tiling, etc...
- Farm Site can read in the USGS Dlg files so that you can download government made road and waterway maps from the internet and load them onto a layer.
- Farm Site includes the ability to automatically grid out a field for soil sampling.
- Farm Site includes Site Mobile which can be used on a laptop computer with a GPS receiver to map boundaries, lines (such as field tiling) and points (soil samples). This data can then be loaded into Farm Site.
- Farm Site can import and export data in an ASCII format. This is useful for importing soil test results from a lab as well as exchanging some data between software packages.
- Farm Site can import and export data in an Arcview Shapefile format. This is a standard format used by many mapping packages and allows you to access information from other sources.
- Farm Site can read in all of the standard yield data formats. This may mean nothing to you know, but what happens if you decide to buy an Ag Leader, Micro-Trak, RDS or other yield monitor in the future?
- Farm Site includes a full set of CAD drawing tools as well as layer tools.

Even if you don't need some of these options now, try to think ahead to the future. For most producers, yield mapping is just the start and it leads to asking more and more questions. Farm Site provides the tools for answering these questions.

I hope this helps with your decision. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

R. Scott Nusbaum
Farm Works Software

SubjectAuthorPosted

Greenstar yield monitors

Chris Crumbaugh December 03, 1997 12:00AM

Greenstar yield monitors

R. Scott Nusbaum - Farm Works Software December 04, 1997 12:00AM

Greenstar yield monitors

Chris Crumbaugh December 06, 1997 12:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited