August 26, 1996 12:00AM
It would appear that there's nothing we can do with the Arc/Info data at that site at this time. Not only is it Arc/Info E00 data, but it's compressed, too, so even the utilities I have that can read Arc/Info data were unable to read it. In fact, I have seen web pages pertaining to this topic that claim that even the Unix version of Arc/Info can't read the MS-DOS version, and vice-versa, when they are compressed.

As for the DLG files, I don't know which ones you were trying to read, but you need to make sure that they are Optional Format. (Standard Format has been discontinued, but is still available in many places) If Farm Site complains that it doesn't look like an optional format DLG file, it probably isn't. If it's some other error you're getting, please point me to the specific file you're trying to work with, and I'll see what I can do.

Remember, if you're looking for 1:100,000 maps of your area, you can get them directly from the USGS by following the link on our links page and clicking on the maps they provide. Further help on the numbering scheme within a quad can be found in the Farm Site online help.

Ron Parker
Software Engineer
Farm Works Software
SubjectAuthorPosted

ARC/Info Support

Jeff Brockhoff August 18, 1996 12:00AM

Re: ARC/Info Support

Ron Parker August 19, 1996 12:00AM

Jeff Brockhoff August 19, 1996 12:00AM

Ron Parker August 21, 1996 12:00AM

Jeff Brockhoff August 22, 1996 12:00AM

Ron Parker August 26, 1996 12:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login