News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Transfer Resource Data from Farmworks to Greenstar 3

Search Discussion Boards
August 27, 2014 08:22AM
I click on the Write Job Data, select the John Deere Greenstar 3 type, and select the Fields and Seed Supplies inputs from the resources list. The data is written directly to a USB Drive which I take to the Greenstar display and import the data into it from the USB Drive. The Greenstar display has a default list of crops (commodities) which gets overwritten when resource data is imported into the display. In this case I would expect all the commodities which I have defined in Farmworks to show up in the crop list in the Greenstar. I was not getting the complete list to show up.

After some experimenting, I have discovered that if the commodities defined in Farmworks are spelled different (e.g., 'S. Wheat' vs. 'Wheat (Hrd Rd Spr)') they don't show up on the Greenstar display crop list. Keeping the spellings of the commodities in Farmworks the same as the crops in the Greenstar helps. However, another inconsistency is that I cannot get the names of all the different types of Wheat to show up. For example, if I define Wheat (Hrd Rd Wtr) and Wheat (Hrd Rd Spr) as two commodities in Farmworks, only one of these will show up in the Crop list in the Greenstar display, even though the spellings match for both commodities.

There is obviously some problem with how the data is generated by Farmworks versus how the Greenstar Display is expecting to see the data.
SubjectAuthorPosted

Transfer Resource Data from Farmworks to Greenstar 3

mcjacobsenAugust 25, 2014 11:01AM

KathyClineAugust 25, 2014 05:10PM

mcjacobsenAugust 27, 2014 08:22AM

Re: Transfer Resource Data from Farmworks to Greenstar 3 Attachments

KathyClineAugust 27, 2014 10:40AM

Export guidelines of FarmWorks for GS3 John Deere

jonemarcioOctober 17, 2016 01:02PM

Re: Export guidelines of FarmWorks for GS3 John Deere

KathyClineOctober 17, 2016 02:08PM

mcjacobsenAugust 28, 2014 10:44PM

KathyClineAugust 29, 2014 08:01AM

mcjacobsenAugust 29, 2014 12:38PM

KathyClineAugust 29, 2014 02:40PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited