News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Farmworks-Web Version???

Search Discussion Boards
February 21, 2010 08:09PM
I think it would be really nice for my farm. I'm looking into starting to use a netbook and could enter stuff into FW anywhere. Then when I get to my office I don't have to worry about things being up to date as I just jump online and startup where I left off on the netbook. No syncing needed! Also, not having to think about backing things up and taking the USB drive with me to an offsite location would be great. It never fails that I forget to bring the USB drive with me the next time.

With my hay business, I could print out an invoice straight from FW while sitting in my truck waiting on the farmer to unload me. I wouldn't have to enter it again and it would be correct. Now we make out a paper slip and then when I get back to the office I have to enter it into FW.

I could see a lot of nice things with a web-based version. The key would be a fast internet connection, DSL/cable. It could get real slow uploading field maps and other info as it already can be slow just reading the cards into the computer.

What other ideas does everybody else have???
SubjectAuthorPosted

Farmworks-Web Version???

Scott (OSU)February 19, 2010 08:44PM

Scott NusbaumFebruary 21, 2010 02:08PM

Duane AndersonMarch 06, 2010 08:40AM

Scott (OSU)February 21, 2010 08:09PM

WaynoFebruary 25, 2010 09:36AM

Mitch KonenFebruary 25, 2010 08:09PM

Scott NusbaumFebruary 25, 2010 01:18PM

Scott (OSU)March 06, 2010 11:43AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited