News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Remember my buttons

Search Discussion Boards
January 21, 1998 12:00AM
If you check those two boxes when you post a message, your computer will be sent a "cookie" with that information in it. The next time you access a file in that directory, your computer will send the "cookie" back. So, the next time you post a message, your name and email will be filled in for you.

Because of the way our discussion groups are set up, however, you will have to enter your name once for each topic area.

We know that a lot of you are concerned about the security of your name and your email address. That's why the cookie is specifically set to only go to the directory in which it was originated. It doesn't even get sent to us when you're looking at the rest of our site. In addition, the information is stored on your computer, not on ours. Finally, even within this area, we don't use the cookie for anything but to fill in your name and email when you post a message. In particular, we don't use it to track which messages you've read or any other demographics. It's there for your convenience, not ours, and you don't have to use it if you don't want to.

Finally, if you've checked those boxes in the past and you no longer want your computer to remember that information, all you have to do is turn off those checkboxes when you post your next message. The cookie will be deleted and your computer will no longer give us that information when you come to this area.

A short discussion of this, and some other interesting and important stuff about how our discussion groups work (such as what that "Connected from:" line after your email address means) can be found by clicking on "How to Use Our Discussion Groups" on the main discussion group index page, [www.farmworks.com]

Ron Parker
Webmaster
Farm Works Software
SubjectAuthorPosted

Remember my buttons

Jim Smithheisler January 21, 1998 12:00AM

Remember my buttons

Ron Parker January 21, 1998 12:00AM

Remember my buttons

Jim Smithheisler January 21, 1998 12:00AM

Remember my buttons

Ron Parker January 21, 1998 12:00AM

Remember my buttons

Jim Smithheisler January 22, 1998 12:00AM

Remember my buttons

Tom Culp January 25, 1998 12:00AM

Remember my buttons

Ron Parker January 26, 1998 12:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited