News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

1. With regards to using Farm Works on a network, the current versions of all programs currently will run on a network. However, there is no file locking built into the program. This means, that if there are two people in the same project and both record a transaction at roughly the same time, you will have problems. This is true of recording any type of purchase, sale or farming action (since the field records are tied into the accounting). If you use more than one project (each project has a separate set of books and records) than multiple users can work in multiple projects at the same time. Also, if two or more users are in the same project, you're fine as long as only one is actually entering data (the others can print reports and view information with no problems). We find that the program works well on a network when the users are able to communicate and let each other know when they'll be entering information. Also, we will be converting our program to a 32-bit environment in the coming year, and further network capabilities should be available with this release some time next year.

2. The current version of Farm Fund$ can already deal with any currency that Windows is set up for (which includes the Pound). This was just recently changed in an update that was released this Summer. As long as Microsft puts the ECU symbol in Windows (which I would expect them to do), Farm Fund$ will work with it.

3. Farm Fund$ now handles the VAT requirements for the UK and Europe and we will be looking at UK payroll in the future. I have seen the structure, thresholds and tax rates applied and they are very similar between US and UK and it will mostly be terminology considerations so we will deal with it in the future although we don't at present have a firm timescale.

4. With regards to European checks, I have seen examples of the checks and it is our intention to add a more flexible check writing feature so that users can customize the style of their checks.

I hope this helps!

R. Scott Nusbaum
Farm Works Software
SubjectAuthorPosted

Advise on new 5.1 Set-up

Nick Romzek October 15, 1997 12:00AM

Advise on new 5.1 Set-up

R. Scott Nusbaum - Farm Works Software October 16, 1997 12:00AM

Network version

Justin Scott December 17, 1997 12:00AM

Network version

Justin Scott December 17, 1997 12:00AM

Network version

R. Scott Nusbaum - Farm Works Software December 17, 1997 12:00AM

Advise on new 5.1 Set-up

Nick Romzek October 16, 1997 12:00AM

Advise on new 5.1 Set-up

R. Scott Nusbaum - Farm Works Software October 17, 1997 12:00AM

Advise on new 5.1 Set-up

Nick Romzek October 18, 1997 12:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited