News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

New discussion group features

Search Discussion Boards
February 27, 1997 12:00AM
There are some new features in this discussion group that you all might want to be aware of. The most obvious is that you can now select a checkbox to remember your name and email address when you post, so we know who you are the next time you post a message. This information is stored in a "cookie" on your computer, and your browser automatically sends it to us the next time you visit. Despite what you might have heard about cookies, this does not pose any security risk to you. Nevertheless, if you don't want us to send you a cookie, we won't: just don't check the "Remember my name" or the "Remember my email" boxes. Cookies don't work with some web browsers, so you might find that your name and email don't get remembered.

In addition, it is no longer possible to post HTML code in this group, so if you want to post ugly bold, flashing, multicolored messages, you'll have to go back to @g Online. We have done this so that the discussion group system won't get broken by someone trying to post a link and failing (as I so often do.)

Thank you for using our discussion groups, and please let me know what you think of the new changes. (You can click on my name above to send me email.)

Ron Parker
Webmaster
Farm Works Software

SubjectAuthorPosted

New discussion group features

Ron Parker February 27, 1997 12:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited