September 30, 2015 04:41PM
Equipment:

Trimble Yuma (original)
Latest Version Farmworks Mobile
Older and newer Raven Phoenix 200 Receivers
Com Port 1, 19200 baud

Situation:

I thought it was my old Raven 200 GPS receiver, but now I don't think so. The old receiver used to update position into FW Mobile 5 to 10 times per second depending on the serial cable coming out of the Raven. I noticed the other day that it was now only updating in Mobile once every 2 seconds or so. This is way too slow for my speed of field mapping. I had some power issues with the GPS unit, so I replaced it with a brand new Raven 200. The new unit is still updating at approximately 2 updates per second. Given this receiver is a 5 to 10 MHz receiver, it should be updating position in Mobile much faster (like it used to do).

In trying to diagnose, I borrowed another Trimble Yuma from a coworker (same model) and plugged it into my receiver. It's updating very fast like mine used to do. So we have the same hardware (GPS recieiver/Yuma) but he is using a slightly older version of Farmworks Mobile (2012 I think) where I am using the most updated version. The use internal GPS box is not checked. Com port 1, 19200 baud.

My question is if something changed in the newer version of Mobile that no longer allows the software to update position as fast as it used to. FYI - I lowered the logging interval in Mobile Configure settings as low as they can go and it is doing the same thing. Also, the two Mobile software versions attached to the same GPS receiver are updating very differently. So it has to be software. Not ruling out Windows OS, port settings, etc., but also am wondering if it's the new Mobile version causing this to act differently.

Thanks in advance!
SubjectAuthorPosted

GPS Update Rates Slow

bviatorSeptember 30, 2015 04:41PM

Re: GPS Update Rates Slow

Martin PetersNovember 03, 2015 06:38PM

KathyClineNovember 04, 2015 09:00AM

KathyClineSeptember 30, 2015 05:07PM

bviatorSeptember 30, 2015 05:39PM

KathyClineOctober 01, 2015 03:31PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login