News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Nomad internal GPS issues

Search Discussion Boards
July 27, 2015 01:03PM
I purchased a new Trimble nomad this spring and when using the internal GPS. I set the GPS settings under the COMM tab by checking the "use internal GPS" box.

On the map screen I will eventually get a GPS dot and location. As I start to log points though my screen will flash no GPS data received. I click the picture of the satellite in the lower right hand corner to show the GGA string and all the spaces are blank, but within a second it will refresh and and I have location data. When I go back to the map screen my GPS location on the map will jump back to the correct position. We were in the field and experienced the "no GPS data received" every few minutes for a couple of hours. When the screen refreshed it would show 7 satellites or more. And in the GPS setting I have the minimum GPS quality set at 1 (no differential).

Is there something wrong with the GPS in the unit or could some other program be causing this. We have not done anything else to the unit nor have we loaded any other program besides Farm works mobile.

Thanks
Isaac
SubjectAuthorPosted

Nomad internal GPS issues

Isaac FerrieJuly 27, 2015 01:03PM

Re: Nomad internal GPS issues

KathyClineJuly 27, 2015 01:32PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited