News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

November 15, 2013 11:04AM
I am trying to increase the accuracy of our Nomad Handheld. It is an older version of the Nomad, and we have an older Trimble backpack TSC1 with a Pro XRS receiver. The old handheld is really hard to use, so I am trying to make it so we can use our Nomad with the accuracy of backpack receiver and antenna.

I have tried changing the com ports, both in the system settings on Windows Mobile and in the FW mobile. Normal WM setting is Hardware port COM1 and Program port COM2, and I have normal GPS signal. I can switch com ports and still receive signal in FW without the backpack unit. When in FW GPS settings, changing the COM settings from COM2 to COM1 creates no GPS signal even when connected to backpack unit. I do this when the TSC1 getting a signal and I know the receiver is getting a good signal, but when I plug in the Nomad to the receiver I get no GPS signal in FW mobile.

I am open to any input. I can find a few independent tutorials on doing this, just none with FW mobile or this type of receiver. Its all for newer models or forestry type programs. Thanks,
SubjectAuthorPosted

Nomad Handheld

EverettCNovember 15, 2013 11:04AM

Re: Nomad Handheld

KathyClineNovember 18, 2013 08:56AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited