March 30, 2013 08:49PM
Part of the problem with the 750 is the screen doesn't work right half the time. The dealer said he could send it in when he had a free loaner for me to use. I should have been after it this winter when I wasn't using it. The problem is if I push a button, the one above or below becomes the active one or when it goes to the typing screen, you might type the letter t and get l. When I purchased the 750, it was with the hope that because Trimble now owns farmworks, that the inputs would be more like farmtrac/site. With that program when I finish planting a field, when I start another field Mobil would know what field I was in. I would just have to hit ok and all the previous attributes such as seed would be assigned to the new field. If there was one item that was different I could just change that item. With the 750 I have to go through the whole long list one at a time and with the screen problem, it can get frustrating. Sometimes it finishes the setup before I am done becuase it thinks I hit the ok button, and there is no going back. Unless I have a controler for fertilizer and use the 750 for my planter monitor, It doesn't keep track of how much product is used. With Mobil if I told it I was planting 32000 seeds per acre, it would multiply seeds per acre times the acres and when snyced, would subtract the product used from my inventory. So now I have to write things down or remember to enter product used in Farmworks before I forget. Oh, and I can't enter the fertilizer since the 750 only keeps track of one item. The last four buttons when setting up the field are Custom 1, 2, 3, and 4 but if I enter anything there, it doesn't download into Farmworks. So now you know why I would like to get NMEA from the 750 to an iPAQ replacement. I have bought the program for Mobil, so why not use it if it works better. As far as an Agleader being better, I am not sure if info will download any better, but at least with agleader, I can call and talk to someone just like I can with Farmworks. Trimble doesn't seem to have any support for Ag products that I have found.

Thanks for listening to my venting

Kermit
SubjectAuthorPosted

what to replace i PAQ with since FM 750 doesn't take its place

KermitKoesterMarch 23, 2013 03:19PM

Re: what to replace i PAQ with since FM 750 doesn't take its place

Scott NusbaumMarch 26, 2013 03:55PM

KermitKoesterMarch 30, 2013 08:49PM

Mitch KonenMarch 26, 2013 05:43PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login