News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Linking an Omnistar GPS via Bluetooth to a Juno SB

Search Discussion Boards
October 13, 2011 08:15AM
I should start by mentioning that this GPS receiver needs to output the NMEA Data strings. Mobile can only read NMEA. When you state that the rec. and the juno have been paired, can I assume you have gone into the Start-Settings-Connections Tab and ran the Blue Tooth connection, thus why you know it finds the external rec. on com 1? You have not mentioned what Baud Rate this external GPS outputs. You need to make sure the Baud Rate selected in the Mobile -GPS settings matches that rate.

The Autobaud is normally used to find GPS with a wired connected GPS. Juno does not have a way to connect through a cable, thus why the Autobaud may not have worked.

When you state you have checked the cables, are you referring to the power cables, since this is BlueTooth? Sorry for the questions, but I am trying totally understand how things are setup.

To get the Internal GPS working, make sure Mobile GPS settings are set to Com 4 and Baud rate of 4800. You may need close Mobile and run the SatViewer program to locate GPS. If needing help with this program please call our Support Department at 800-282-4103 for more assistance.

Thanks,

Kathy Cline,
Farm Works Software
SubjectAuthorPosted

Linking an Omnistar GPS via Bluetooth to a Juno SB

nitrophoskaOctober 12, 2011 12:47PM

Re: Linking an Omnistar GPS via Bluetooth to a Juno SB

KathyClineOctober 13, 2011 08:15AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited