News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Help with connecting Nomad 800 LC to an AgGPS 162 receiver

Search Discussion Boards
August 10, 2011 10:57AM
We recently purchased a Nomad 800 LC and an AgGPS 162 from Farmworks as recommended by the sales staff. The purpose is for teaching farmers how to design and create a cornmaze using Farmworks software. I was not able to get SM to connect to the AgGPS 162 receiver. There was only a reference guide included in the box with the receiver and it referred to using Ag Remote software to configure the receiver. I called Trimble and they told me to call my dealer, which is Farmworks and they own it..LOL... I called Farmworks Support, which was EXTREMELY frustrating, as they referred me back to Trimble..LOL.. Anyway, the Support person, I won't name names, was not helpful at all, saying that I should have received a manual that tells me how to make the connection..That was funny, because I found a 162 Manual link on the FW website and it was the reference guide that came with the receiver. And, support didn't know anything about the Ag Remote software, which I eventually found on the FW website myself. I had to purchase $65 worth of cables and connectors from Radio Shack just to connect to my laptop to the receiver and the receiver to the Nomad..extremely frustrating....But I will stop ranting, and if anyone can tell me exactly "how" to configure the AgGPS ports and what settings to talk to the Nomad, I think I can figure it out from there...or if there is an instruction manual somewhere that I could download, buy, etc...would be very helpful.
Thanks for any and all responses. btw.. Prior to the recent purchase of FW software and Trimble equipment, I have been using an old version of Farm Site and Site mate with a 10 year old IPAQ and an AG132 receiver for a long time with no problems..so, this is not my first date.. LOL.
SubjectAuthorPosted

Help with connecting Nomad 800 LC to an AgGPS 162 receiver

sgwisejrAugust 10, 2011 10:57AM

Re: Help with connecting Nomad 800 LC to an AgGPS 162 receiver

madhu@igisindia.comMay 23, 2015 08:30AM

KathyClineMay 26, 2015 07:54AM

KathyClineAugust 10, 2011 01:20PM

sgwisejrAugust 10, 2011 02:56PM

sgwisejrAugust 11, 2011 10:35AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited