News Office Field Order Support About Us

Re: Yuma and GreenSeeker

Search Discussion Boards
April 26, 2011 01:09PM
Brady,

Our experience last year - hands down, we found the FmX to be solid & exceptional compared to the challenges we had with the Nomad via USB.

Have you worked with what-you-say-you-have 'the serial to USB' adapter(s) on your Yuma?
For the current Nomad/RT Commander set up, Trimble created or uses a special driver for Windows Mobile to communicate to a separate 4 port serial to USB converter box. We had a lot of issues with the communications to this box - loosing connectivity, reinstalling the driver on the Nomad, etc. Trimble is aware of this issue. Our territory rep hasn't given us a timeline when to expect a resolution. The growing season is upon us and we need a solution very soon. So we have taken the liberty to find a solution ourselves and I believe we found one. We won't know for sure for about a week though.
We highly considered the Yuma as that solution (despite the added expense) with FW Mobile out now...but, the issue we were told we would likely face is the serial to USB 'drivers' - communication issues. As you know, the Yuma is a different 'animal' since it has a full Windows operating system on it compared to the Recon or Nomad.

I am not out to discourage you. I have never been a fan of serial-to-USB adapters. You can give it a try.
Let us know how you make out.

Paul
SubjectAuthorPosted

Yuma and GreenSeeker

Brady AdamsApril 20, 2011 10:44PM

KathyClineApril 21, 2011 10:24AM

Brady AdamsApril 21, 2011 04:28PM

KathyClineApril 22, 2011 08:46AM

Brady AdamsApril 22, 2011 10:27AM

KathyClineApril 22, 2011 11:28AM

Brady AdamsApril 22, 2011 09:20PM

KathyClineApril 25, 2011 03:34PM

Joanne GerberApril 26, 2011 09:28AM

Brady AdamsApril 26, 2011 11:37AM

Joanne GerberSeptember 05, 2011 08:26PM

Joanne GerberApril 26, 2011 01:09PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited