News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Big Problems with AgGPS 162

Search Discussion Boards
January 05, 2010 05:51PM
I am having some connection issues and now accuracy issues with a Trimble AgGPS 162 connected to an IPAQ 2200 series on a RAM Powered Cradle running Site Mate.

After 6 months, I finally got the the 162 to output the NMEA to SiteMate after changing the output settings on the 162 using AgRemote software on my laptop. Lowered the output to 1 HZ and changed to 9600 baud. Still wouldn't work, no matter if I used the red or the black cables that come with Ram Mount. I finally got a signal into Sitemate by changing the parity setting in SM's gps settings from None to Mark, Odd, or Even. Never seen that before.

I am also a little puzzled as the cable provided with the 162 is a serial connector, but it has only three pins.

Today, I used the receiver and the IPAQ extensively to do some field mapping. Crystal clear skies, no trees for miles. Locked onto 10 satellites and had full WAAS correction (2 under quality). HDOP was surprisingly very good as well at 0.9 as read on SiteMate. I marked a point with a flag, circled the field within 5 minutes and returned to the EXACT spot of the marked point with the flag, and was anywhere from 7 - 12 feet from the originally marked point. Far from submeter. I did this several times and still haven't a clue what the problem is. I have been using a Raven Pheonix 200 for some time now, and after testing it in a similar fashion, it was always repeatable within a meter, many times less. And this was all using WAAS correction.

There also appears to be a drag and some other logging issues with my current setup using the 162. I have the auto logging set to 1 ft and 1 second. I have tried other settings as well.

I have got to think there is something in the default settings of the 162 that needs to be changed with my setup, but have no clue on what to change.

Anyone out there had similar problems? I hope I am not the only one. It seems Sitemate and the 162 are going to be a pretty popular combination in the near future.
SubjectAuthorPosted

Big Problems with AgGPS 162

bviatorJanuary 05, 2010 05:51PM

Re: Big Problems with AgGPS 162

Kathy ClineJanuary 06, 2010 10:42AM

bviatorFebruary 01, 2010 08:21PM

Kathy ClineFebruary 02, 2010 02:34PM

bviatorFebruary 02, 2010 02:47PM

Re: Big Problems with AgGPS 162 Attachments

Kathy ClineFebruary 02, 2010 04:10PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited