News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Hooking a Laptop to IFB(1?), Cultiva Antenna(w/receiver built in), Raven 750

Search Discussion Boards
January 19, 2006 12:00AM
Sorry to be a bother but I think I have everything to get hooked up to my tablet and controller. I just need to go over the cabling.

I have a USB to serial adapter to hook to the computer, the serial port connection is a DB9M. I have a DB9M to DB9F cable and a gender changer(DB9F-DB9F). I have what I believe you call the IFB 1 box(the tag states that the white wire is for a -12 volt sense, the black is ground and the red is a 12 volt sense line, the tag clearly states that the wires are not to be used to supply 12 volts) with the antenna, iPaq and Lightbar outlets. I also have what I believe is a cultiva cable that has an interface plug, an antenna plug and a marker plug. The current setup (with the iPaq) is the cable from the antenna connects to the antenna port on the cultiva cable, the interface plug on the cultiva cable plugs into the IFB, and the Marker light plugs into the Cultiva LTI lightbar. The antenna and lightbar are powered via the power cord to the LTI. The iPaq cable plugs into the IFB and to the the bottom of the iPaq. Using this setup allowed for site verification, guidance w/out guidemate and power to everything(including the iPaq).

Last year the LTI quit and through your cooperation, Raven's cooperation and my sales rep I was able to "demo" guidemate during the busy season last spring. When I hooked that up it was as follows: using the IFB and a null modem adapter. The antenna was hooked to the null modem adapter(power supplied through adapter) which was hooked to the receiver port on the IFB, iPaq was hooked through the iPaq port via the iPaq cable. Again the iPaq was powered this way also.

I want to run guidemate as my guidance system on the Tablet screen, I want to use sitemate as verification and continue to use the IFB for auto logging. I would also like to use VRA through the serial port in the 750 wiring harness.

My questions are:
1)How should the cabling be hooked up?
2)Where do I hook into the serial port from the controller?
3)Have I paid for SM VRA?(bought from John Murray, Mark Richards, Richards Rolling Acres Ltd, Dresden Ontario)

SubjectAuthorPosted

Hooking a Laptop to IFB(1?), Cultiva Antenna(w/receiver built in), Raven 750

Mark Richards January 19, 2006 12:00AM

Re: Hooking a Laptop to IFB(1?), Cultiva Antenna(w/receiver built in), Raven 750

Deb Hurraw - Farm Works Software January 20, 2006 12:00AM

Re: Hooking a Laptop to IFB(1?), Cultiva Antenna(w/receiver built in), Raven 750

Mark Richards January 21, 2006 12:00AM

Deb Hurraw - Farm Works Software January 23, 2006 12:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited