News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Itronix tablet vs. Titan Rt

Search Discussion Boards
Patrick,
I don't have any experience with the Itronix, so all I can do is compare the stats on their website to the Titan. Here's what I noted:

1. Windows XP vs Windows CE - The Titan is a true touch screen that works with any touch (you can use your finger). The Itronix is not standard touch screen. It requires a special "digitizer" stylus. I've played with units with this and it's almost like the stylus is magnetic as you can move the cursor by getting the stylus close to the screen. The drawback to this is if you lose the stylus, you're out of luck.

2. The Dimensions, Weight and Screen size are similar. The descriptions of the display are different. The Titan has a brighter display than any other units of that size that I've seen. I don't know that the Itronix is brighter, but they describe their display differently which could indicate that it will not be as daylight readable.

3. The Itronix does not appear to have any standard serial ports (you'd need one for an external GPS and another for a rate controller if doing VRA). It does have Card Slots where you could use a Serial I/O card. The Titan has 3 built in Serial Ports.

4. The itronix does have a faster processor (733 versus 400). However, since it's running XP, I would expect that it would run a bit slower than the same processor with Windows CE. I would still expect the Itronix to run faster than the Titan.

5. Software - The Itronix will run a standard version of Site Mate. The Titan has a special version of Site Mate that has a large on-screen keyboard and a synchronization feature that makes it easy to download and upload data to a USB drive (that's included).

I will be honest and say that I'm biased. The above is based on what I've read in comparing the stats between the two devices. If you want the full stats, here are links:

Titan Specs

Itronix Specs

Hopefully someone who's had experience with the Itronix will post with their feedback!

R. Scott Nusbaum
Farm Works Software

SubjectAuthorPosted

Itronix tablet vs. Titan Rt

Patrick January 11, 2006 12:00AM

Re: Itronix tablet vs. Titan Rt

R. Scott Nusbaum - Farm Works Software January 11, 2006 12:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited