News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Hooking IFB to Tablet PC

Search Discussion Boards
http://www.expansys.com.au/i/b/b112190.jpg

This is the Bluetooth adapter that I use.

It is a little tricky to set up, but you only have to do that once I guess.

I programmed mine to look for the BT adress of my 2210 iPAQ whenever it was powered on. This is 100% reliable, surprisingly even after the batteries have been dead flat on the iPAQ and it has had all the software reinstalled!

You can also set it up to be "discoverable" so your GPS can be found by ANY bluetooth device, but i found this less reliable and you had to rediscover it everytime you cycled the power on the laptop/iPAQ.

Another setup is to use them in pairs as a wireless serial connection for a device that does had a spare RS232 port but does NOT have bluetooth. I have done VRA with a Bogballe fetilizer spreader like this. Keeps the tractor cab really tidy!

To connect this to an IFB I am not 100% sure what you would need. Clearly an IFB with serial D-connector (not an iPAQ plug) the plug on the BT adapter is the same as the back of a PC (Male) so in theory it "should" just plug in.

Also, I am not sure how the IFB actually works. If it uses some of the other pins in the serial connection other than RX,TX and Ground there map be compatability issues here. I do not have an IFB to test it with, sorry.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Martin.

SubjectAuthorPosted

Hooking IFB to Tablet PC

Mark Richards December 28, 2005 12:00AM

R. Scott Nusbaum - Farm Works Software December 28, 2005 12:00AM

R. Scott Nusbaum - Farm Works Software December 28, 2005 12:00AM

Martin Peters December 30, 2005 12:00AM

Mark Richards December 30, 2005 12:00AM

Martin Peters - Farm Works (Australia) December 30, 2005 12:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited