Mark,
Before I go too far, I will say that my suggestions below are not things that we have tested here at our office, but they are based on feedback that I've heard:

You can get a USB to Serial Cable. Here's a link to several companies that sell these:

Biz Rate Shopping Search

We've tried a few of these here for laptops with limited success. With some laptops we were unable to make any serial connections work. However, I've heard of some users running these with laptops successfully. If you go this direction, make sure that the cable you purchase is supported by the Tablet PC operating system you are using. To make this work you will need a serial IFB cable that would typically be used to hook the IFB to a serial port on a laptop.

You can get a Serial Blue Tooth Adapter that could be attached to the serial port of your GPS. We have never done this and I have a feeling that it will not work with the IFB. If it did work with the IFB, you would need a serial IFB cable that would typically be used to hook the IFB to a serial port on a laptop. Again, we have no experience with this, but I recall speaking with a user who had this setup on a Raven controller for VRA.

R. Scott Nusbaum
Farm Works Software

SubjectAuthorPosted

Hooking IFB to Tablet PC

Mark Richards December 28, 2005 12:00AM

Re: Hooking IFB to Tablet PC

R. Scott Nusbaum - Farm Works Software December 28, 2005 12:00AM

R. Scott Nusbaum - Farm Works Software December 28, 2005 12:00AM

Martin Peters December 30, 2005 12:00AM

Mark Richards December 30, 2005 12:00AM

Martin Peters - Farm Works (Australia) December 30, 2005 12:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login