News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Titan RT, Tablet

Search Discussion Boards
Jurg,
One of the big advantages to the Titan is that it is designed for both in-cab as well as field use (on an ATV or even walking around). The Titan is dust and water-resistant and is truly ruggedized. What's more is that it has a very good screen that is readable in sunlight. We've designed the mounts using standard RAM parts so that you can easily move the device from cab to ATV and back and forth.

The Titan does run Trac Mate, Site Mate and Guide Mate so you can have GPS maps and guidance along with field records. It also has the standard Windows CE operating system which includes programs such as Word and Excel.

With regards to data synchronization, we've designed the program so that the user does not need to worry about file and directory management. All data is automatically logged to a built in Compact Flash Card. Data is automatically recorded to the proper directory structure. At the end of the day, you just put a USB Drive (that is included with the Titan) into the USB port, and all current data will automatically be transferred from the CF Card to the USB drive. Again, the software maintains the necessary directory structure without any input from the user. You take the USB drive and put it into a USB port on your desktop computer, and go into your Farm Works project and synchronize with it, and all data will be transferred into Farm Site. I've probably made this sound more complicated than it is. Realistically, all the Titan user has to do is start a job (and enter a job name when necessary) and record his data. At the end of day, put a USB drive in the port to download data and take that into the house!

At this point we do not have the ability to control individual boom sections. However, this is something that we are looking into as a future add-on module to Farm Site Mate. I am not exactly sure of the pricing of the Insight. I believe that it is around $4,000. However, to be fair this includes capabilities such as yield monitoring that is not available with the Titan.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

R. Scott Nusbaum
Farm Works Software

SubjectAuthorPosted

Titan RT, Tablet

Jurg Deringer October 18, 2005 12:00AM

Re: Titan RT, Tablet

R. Scott Nusbaum - Farm Works Software October 18, 2005 12:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited