News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Payroll advance

Search Discussion Boards
June 28, 2018 09:20AM
You can just write a check to the employee through Payments & Purchases and use Wage Expense under ($)Other Expenses. Then when you record the payroll check, you will select to make a miscellaneous deduction to wage expense for the amount of the advance. If this is something that you do for more than one employee or if it happens frequently, you may want to set up an Other Asset to use for the advances. In doing so you purchase an "Other Current Asset" and name it John Doe P/R Advance. This will allow you to always see the current amount advanced to him. The deduction in P/R would be the same except that you would choose the other asset instead of the expense.

Social Security/Medicare will actually get computed on the Gross Payroll you should be OK.

Payroll advance

DpfarmJune 11, 2018 10:01AM

Re: Payroll advance

Scott NusbaumJune 28, 2018 09:20AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited