News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Add a capital improvement year end when costs aren't all done

Search Discussion Boards
March 29, 2018 11:20AM
Yes you can setup an Other Asset account to take the expenses for the partial building payments transferring to the Other Asset: However, when purchasing a structure it works differently that with Equipment you can keep adding money to a structure for every payment transaction.

Transferring expense money to other Asset

1. Go to the Record Payment/Purchase
2. Select company or your name as Vendor.
3. Enter desired date for this transaction adjustment and memo
4. Click onto the Other Asset button and select New.
5. Type a description such as (Structure Name) - Holding account.
6. Select Current Asset
7. Enter the dollar amount for total that needs to be transferred from Expense account.
8. Leave the Offset to NONE. Click OK
9. Click onto the Other Expense and Payments button from the same Items Purchased section
10. Enter a negative dollar amount matching what was placed into the other asset account.
11. Highlight the expense account money has been posting to. Click OK
12. Total purchases will be zero. Record and Done

Just to revisit when record a structure purchase - for repeat payments you can use the same Structure button. Select the new structure name from drop down list and add the additional payment amount. Click OK. The Purchase value keep accumulating. You recommend you check with your Accountant if they want the Structure Asset name added into the 2017 books. Just wanted to give you both options.


Kathy Cline,
Trimble Ag Software Support
For fast replies email:

Add a capital improvement year end when costs aren't all done

Becky NewellMarch 28, 2018 12:08PM

Re: Add a capital improvement year end when costs aren't all done

Kathy ClineMarch 29, 2018 11:20AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited