News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Adding category of resale livestock

Search Discussion Boards
March 27, 2018 08:21AM
I am trying to add another category of resale livestock. Under pmts & purchases to record a livestock sale, when I go to my cattle icon, pull up category I previously had 2 categories: Feedlot cattle and Stocker cattle. I added "raised feedlot cattle" under the account option in that screen to add. However, I'm not sure if that will do I want to do.

I want to be able to transfer raised cattle to the feedlot and then sell them. My raised cattle have no basis in them which is a makes it a little hard to transfer but I have transferred them @ .01 and included them in with stocker cattle transferred to the feedlot. That gets me the right # of head in a feedlot account, but when I sell a specific feedlot account the cost of that lot is very deceiving as I've thrown them all together. I would like to be able to transfer stockers and raised livestock to separate feedlot accounts, eg 101A and 101B. Then when I sell those lots I can allocate sales $$ on a per head basis into each of the lots.

Do all the related accounts automatically set up when I added the category in the pmts & purchases area?? Specifically "beg vs ending inventory"? Do I have to set up an account for Raised Feedlot livestock Sales? I'm just confused as to how to get accomplished what I'm trying to do. My books were setup many years ago and I have no idea how I got those accounts into being! I'm sure there is an easy way, and I'm sure I've made this clear as mud.

Thanks for any help you can give me. Mary Paul Williams/Williams Farms of Gould, LLC
SubjectAuthorPosted

Adding category of resale livestock

Mary Paul WilliamsMarch 27, 2018 08:21AM

Re: Adding category of resale livestock

Kathy ClineMarch 27, 2018 02:56PM

Mary Paul WilliamsMarch 27, 2018 05:48PM

Kathy ClineMarch 28, 2018 08:45AM

Mary Paul WilliamsMarch 29, 2018 03:52PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited