News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: investment income / loss

Search Discussion Boards
April 18, 2016 08:44AM
Is your investment value changes do to market fluctuations? Meaning difference is not offsetting to a revenue or expense? If this is the case then you can follow these steps:

1. Go to Record Payment/Purchase.
2. Select a Vendor for which your Investment may be with or you can simply setup a Vendor called Corrections.
3. Enter date and memo description for desired value adjustment.
4. Click the Other Asset button. Select the Asset account which needs the value change.
5. Enter the additional amount as a negative to reduce the balance or positive to increase the balance.
6. Click OK.
7. Stay in the Items purchased section, click the Other Expense and Payments button.
8. Enter the opposite amount from what was used in step 5.
9. Change account on left to Other Accounts and highlight the correct account called Equity-(Owner name) or if books are a Corporation select Retained Earnings - Unappropriated. Click OK.
10. Total Purchase will then become zero. Click Record and Done.


Kathy Cline,
Trimble Ag Software Support
For fast replies email:

investment income / loss

Josh HeinrichApril 16, 2016 12:27PM

Re: investment income / loss

Kathy ClineApril 18, 2016 08:44AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited