News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Inventory consumption discrepancy

Search Discussion Boards
January 11, 2016 04:22PM
Hello,

I am in process of catching up and cleaning up inventory in my file. In the process of doing so, I have discovered two instances where supply inventories show being used in farming jobs, but do not appear in the accrual method general ledger detail report filtered for the specific supply item. I have compared farming jobs line item by line item against the detail report. For one of the supply items, I can see the discrepancy quantity in the completed farming job for a specific field, but it does not show as a detail line item. One discrepancy (potash) takes place in 2015 farming records. A second discrepancy (liquid nitrogen) takes place in 2014 records.

Current installed version 2015.06.00.47

Best practice question: In the past year I have observed it is best not to modify a completed farming job to reconcile inventory, acres covered, or product harvested. It seems that by making changes, especially more than once, the volume of accounting reversals appear to introduce errors. As such, I have implemented two behavioral changes using the software: 1) I rarely include inventory supplies or include harvest production in farming jobs linked to GPS data. 2) I now create all farming jobs using pending tasks first which allow multiple revisions and no accounting entries. Once I am satisfied with the results, I complete the jobs. What is considered best practice for recording monitor linked data with inventory supplies and the potential for modifying farming jobs more than once?
SubjectAuthorPosted

Inventory consumption discrepancy

ChrisJanuary 11, 2016 04:22PM

Re: Inventory consumption discrepancy

KathyClineJanuary 12, 2016 02:13PM

ChrisJanuary 12, 2016 04:20PM

KathyClineJanuary 12, 2016 07:54PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited