News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Hay Commodities/ Properties

Search Discussion Boards
December 30, 2015 11:12AM
Kathy,

Playing around with this dilemna of small squares and round bales in hay production, and keeping track of the harvested inventory, I think I have come up with my own solution to my problem.

It is not necessarily the harvested unit that needs to be the main focus in keeping track of the inventory, but more emphasis has to be given to the "commodity" for inventory purposes. Thus creating seperate enterprises for each type of harvested unit.
ie; 1st Hay smsq, 1st Hay rnds
The harvested units can remain as bales in both cases of the enterprises. The difference will be shown as different "commodities", which is logical as the resulting harvested items are different from a commodity standpoint not a harvested unit standpoint.

This mirrors the variety issues of crops that I also endure. I grow malt barley varieties that are seperate and distinct from each other and the seperation must be maintained in production, inventory, and sales.
True, the different varieties are still under one account of Barley, but they are seperate and distinct commodities within this Barley account.

Thus, it is the "commodity" that is the primary focus of a harvested unit.

The Bale Summary Report would reflect the correct numbers of each commodity I think, if it actually worked. But maybe the Bale Summary Report was designed for the cotton producers the more I think about it. But a bale harvested unit would show up here I am thinking.

The inventory reports do work well as far as the commodities, crops, etc go.

Sorry for the end of the year rambling, but hopefully a beneficial insight and discussion.

Thanks,
Happy New Year

Mitch

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2015 11:20AM by Mitch Konen.
SubjectAuthorPosted

Hay Commodities/ Properties

Mitch KonenDecember 23, 2015 11:57PM

Re: Commodities/ Properties

KathyClineDecember 28, 2015 07:58AM

Re: Commodities/ Properties

Mitch KonenDecember 28, 2015 12:53PM

Mitch KonenDecember 30, 2015 11:12AM

Daryl SatherJanuary 04, 2016 12:00PM

Mitch KonenJanuary 04, 2016 07:03PM

Daryl SatherJanuary 05, 2016 12:17PM

KathyClineDecember 30, 2015 12:28PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited