News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Hay Commodities/ Properties

Search Discussion Boards
December 23, 2015 11:57PM
Adding new commodities is frustrating at times when the unit picklists between the commodities properties units and the machine properties costing units cannot be matched up.

Can we get this looked at and modified? Appreciate it greatly.

Case on point:

I put up hay and straw in both small square bales and round bales. I also try to keep track of them as bales so as to have a count on bales in my inventory. Now this has not worked out real well as small square bales and round bales do not weight the same so I am having to rethink these commodity properties.
I like to keep track of the numbers of bales as it is easier to count bales and has to be done first in order to figure tonnage, if I were to actually keep track of the tonnage. Bales dry out and shrink as time goes by so weight changes on an individual basis anyways. True, it gets sold as tons, but the number of bales to make that tonnage may change.

I also take a couple of cuttings of hay, but this has not been a problem as I have created 2 commodities, 1st Hay and 2nd Hay.

So now that I have both small square bales and round bales I need to add some more commodities in order to keep the commodities inventory. 1st Hay smsq, 1st Hay rnds, 2nd Hay smsq, 2nd Hay rnds.

Now I can keep track of the small squares as bale in both Commodity properties and Machine properties costing unit.

I cannot keep track of round bales as bale as it skews the weight and numbers in inventory, so I was going to keep track of them as a "roll" in machine properties, but this is not an option in commodities properties. I would have to use "unit" I am guessing and make the conversion factor 1 to 1. Inventory report would also list as a unit as opposed to a roll.

Maybe I am making this harder than it needs to be, but you know me, I like the detail.

Thanks, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Mitch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2015 11:15AM by Mitch Konen.
SubjectAuthorPosted

Hay Commodities/ Properties

Mitch KonenDecember 23, 2015 11:57PM

Re: Commodities/ Properties

KathyClineDecember 28, 2015 07:58AM

Re: Commodities/ Properties

Mitch KonenDecember 28, 2015 12:53PM

Re: Hay Commodities/ Properties

Mitch KonenDecember 30, 2015 11:12AM

Daryl SatherJanuary 04, 2016 12:00PM

Mitch KonenJanuary 04, 2016 07:03PM

Daryl SatherJanuary 05, 2016 12:17PM

KathyClineDecember 30, 2015 12:28PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited