June 05, 2012 01:18PM
I paid for a bull last fall. He has already been depreciated out. The bull did not pass the BSE. So the person we bought the bull from said to sell him and he would refund the difference. The bull was sold in March at the stock yard and the rest of the refund was received in April. How do I record the two checks in different months for the bull? I can't put 1/2 a head sold in March so when I put 1 head then I can't record the refund in April as the other 1/2 of the bull. The only way I can think to do it is to record the bull as sold at the stock yard and then next month record the check I received for the difference from the person I bought the bull from as a refund (under other income). I was wondering if there was another way to do it.

Bull sold & refund

fairviewJune 05, 2012 01:18PM

Re: Bull sold & refund

Kathy ClineJune 05, 2012 02:19PM

Re: Bull sold & refund

fairviewJune 05, 2012 02:55PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login