News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Enterprise statements revisited

Search Discussion Boards
February 11, 2012 07:02PM
Kathy,

Ok, I knew I wasn't crazy... :) Please bear with me through the complete post.
After playing around with things I've discovered the following:

A:) Differences in the unit price applied during harvest and the actual sale will show up in the Marketing Gain/Loss line of the Enterprise Statement.
B): If addtional monies are received and applied to the crop enterprise account (eg. Corn Sales) and allocated to specific farms or fields, this additional money will be added to the "Transfers to Marketing Enterprise" line of the Enterprise Statement (and allocated to the specific fields). This does not change the 'Unit price' in the harvest record. In my trials, any income posted to the crop enterprise account is applied to the "Transfers to Marketing Enterprise" line and not under the Other Revenue section.

C): Money applied to other income accounts (eg Patronage Income) can be allocated just like any other expense and will show up under the Other Revenue section. (As it always has)

I understand A and how its implemented. Its quite intuitive.The introduction of the Unit Price aside, item "B" works as it has in the past for me. I've played around with the Unit Price and I understand its interaction with Marketing Gain/Loss. All is well with me at this point.

My questions relate to B:
Is it OK to apply money recieved after the initial sale to a crop enterprise sales account and allocate it to specific farms or fields? Or is what I'm experiencing an anomoly and to be avoided? And I'd like to know if the method I'm using is likely to cause problems with later updates ?

I ask this last question because when my project file was returned (or after the conversion), the initial sales of previous crop years were the only things that carried over to the Enterprise Statements (crop marketing or market gain). My enterprise statements did not reflect any of that income anywhere (I knew I wasn't crazy...lol). I found that if I edit one of those transactions involving the crop enterprise sales account (I don't have to change anything, just open it and save it), then that transaction is picked up by the Enterprise Statment. I can easily enough go back and edit those transactions for 2010 as that year was not closed. I'm just going to have to figure out a way to have closed years Enterprise Statements be meaningful as they don't show any of this income on the Enterprise Statment and the transaction can't be edited.

Thanks for any insight you or the programmers can provide.

James
SubjectAuthorPosted

unit price

dirtclodDecember 08, 2011 12:17AM

Re: unit price

Mitch KonenDecember 08, 2011 12:47AM

Brian ThompsonDecember 08, 2011 12:34PM

Mitch KonenDecember 08, 2011 04:41PM

James LFebruary 02, 2012 03:51PM

KathyClineFebruary 02, 2012 05:36PM

James LFebruary 03, 2012 10:45AM

KathyClineFebruary 03, 2012 11:00AM

Enterprise statements revisited

James LFebruary 09, 2012 12:00AM

KathyClineFebruary 09, 2012 08:50AM

James LFebruary 11, 2012 07:02PM

KathyClineFebruary 13, 2012 04:24PM

James LFebruary 03, 2012 12:03PM

KathyClineFebruary 03, 2012 05:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited