News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Crop Marketing Enterprise

Search Discussion Boards
October 12, 2011 12:22PM
So I understand the thinking behind this but I have a scenario that I want to put out there and see if anyone else has thought about this. Let's say you have 20 fields of corn that you harvest and put it all in the bins. You record your harvesting jobs using your GS2 yield data as calibrated. Then you haul out your corn over the course of say 6 months. When you clean out the bin(s) with the last loads you have more bushels than originally harvested. If I understand this correctly, with this new version it will no longer make that adjustment for you when you enter the sale. So if I have 250 extra bushels (or whatever the number may be depending on how accurate the yield data), I now have to go back into 20 different harvesting jobs to change the harvest to most accurately reflect the yields from these fields because I do not know which field(s) may have had more bushels. If I simply change one job, now I have skewed that data. I thought the point was to have our enterprise statements be as accurate as possible. And I think that is ALOT of extra work to have to manually figure out how many bushels should go to each field based on acres. I also want those yield numbers to be accurate for crop insurance purposes. I have looked back at my enterprise statements numerous times to get yield numbers for a field knowing that they were correct because the system had "corrected" my harvest numbers by the number of bushels sold. I thought this was a great feature of the software especially when handling a large number of bushels!

I am in the camp with several others--it doesn't really matter to me what my profit is in the "marketing" enterprise. The whole idea is profit per bushel or acre and I already know whether I am doing a good job at marketing my crop or not.

Anyone else out there see this problem?

Christie
SubjectAuthorPosted

Crop Marketing Enterprise

kcsmomOctober 12, 2011 12:22PM

Re: Crop Marketing Enterprise

Scott NusbaumOctober 13, 2011 09:52AM

Mitch KonenOctober 12, 2011 07:32PM

KathyClineOctober 13, 2011 09:01AM

KathyClineOctober 12, 2011 05:01PM

kcsmomOctober 12, 2011 09:09PM

KathyClineOctober 13, 2011 09:15AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited