News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Adjusting accounts receivable

Search Discussion Boards
January 12, 2010 09:38AM
You should check with your accountant on what accounts you need to offset these reduced receivables. Here is an example of how to write those accounts off.

1. Go to the Record Income or Sales. Select the Purchase-date and description.
2. Click on the ROA button. Highlight the balance of the unpaid bill and click ROA. Click OK.
3. Then you need to click on the Other Sales and Expense reductions button. Enter a neg. for the same dollar amount as the unpaid rec.
This is where you need input by your accountant. You could either choose the revenue account that the rec. will post to on the Cash side or if the unpaid balane was for the collection fees you could select Expense and highlight the appropriate expense for this fee and click OK.
4. Total Sale will be zero. Click Record and Done.

Hope this helps!


Kathy Cline,
Trimble Ag Software Support
For fast replies email:

Adjusting accounts receivable

DaleJanuary 11, 2010 03:03PM

Re: Adjusting accounts receivable

Kathy ClineJanuary 12, 2010 09:38AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited