News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

May 27, 2009 11:57AM
Dale,

This is what I see as a future problem, with the way you are recording the bill. When using the "For Deposit" button and not the Bill button (from the How you Deposit section), it posts the bill as income right away (in the Cash Books). This is okay as long as the bill and payment of the bill all happen in the same year. I recommend that when you create the invoice (from the job), to use the Bill button in the How you Deposited section. Print the invoices/Statement. When you receive the payment, use the Rec. on Account button. Highlight the invoices that payment was received for and click the Rec. on Account button. Repeat until all desired invoices have been applied. Click OK. Then you can use the Depost Now button to send the money to the appropriate Checking account.

If you wish to continue to use the For Depost button, when recording the bill, when physically deposit the money, simply go to Accounting-Income, Sales and Deposits-Create Deposit Ticket. Click on the + box on the payment amount, which will send those amounts to the Deposit side. Enter the correct date and desired deposit ID. Click Record.

If I have misunderstood the issue. please let me know.

Thanks,

Kathy Cline,
Farm Works Software
SubjectAuthorPosted

Deposits

DaleMay 27, 2009 11:26AM

Re: Deposits

KathyClineMay 27, 2009 11:57AM

DaleMay 27, 2009 03:37PM

KathyClineMay 28, 2009 08:46AM

DaleMay 28, 2009 10:30AM

KathyClineMay 28, 2009 01:28PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited