News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Reconcile Savings & Cr Cards

Search Discussion Boards
Jim,
1. There is no way to print a check register or reconcile a Savings Account. If you go to the Trial Balance and click on the Yellow Folder button for the Savings account you can get a report that is similar to a check register.
If you want to reconcile the account, I would change it to a checking account. Go under the Accounting menu to Cash Account Maintenance and select Add/Edit Cash Accounts and pull up the accounts and change them to checking accounts. Note that you can then record your withdrawals as checks (use phony check numbers such as the date of the transaction). To make sure that your real checking accounts show up when writing checks & doing deposits, go under the Accounting Menu to General Ledger and choose Chart of Accounts. Click and drag your checking account so that it is the first account listed under your Cash Accounts heading.

2. It is my understanding that credit card purchases are deductible at the time they are charged. However, accounts payable purchases are deductible only when paid. As such I don't think that you want your credit card purchases set up in Accounts Payable. I would go back and void the payment and get rid of the payable and set them up as credit cards.

I hope this helps!

R. Scott Nusbaum CPA
Farm Works Software
SubjectAuthorPosted

Reconcile Savings & Cr Cards

Jim Hemminger March 05, 1997 12:00AM

Re: Reconcile Savings & Cr Cards

R. Scott Nusbaum-Farm Works Software March 06, 1997 12:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited