News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

January 27, 1997 12:00AM
1. Followup to previous question on hauling grain: Since my harvested grain was entered in initial setup of harvested crops the enterprise was closed and I was not allowed to open it to allocate hauling expenses as was suggested. Even though my harvested crops show up under inventory reports they do not show up in the allocate inputs box. This year will I have to keep the enterprise open until all the grain is hauled? That could be a problem because occasionally planting has begun before the bins are empty.
2. I have 3 tanks for diesel fuel and I would like to know how much is in each one. Would it work to set up diesel 1, diesel 2 and diesel 3 and track them as 3 separate supplies even though it is the same kind of fuel?
3. After exiting initial setup I realized I had missed some accounts payable and went back into inital setup to enter them. On exiting I changed equity to get things back in balance. A little later I noticed a large balance in cash which I had not entered so I went back into initial setup and removed it and reset my equity. I had found something in online help which indicated it was okay to go back and make changes but then I found another entry which said it would cause trouble down the road, I'm confused.
4. I am impressed with the program but frustrated with the lack of documentation and the difficulty of finding things in the online help. I have tried for the last 2 days to reach your phone support number and the line is always busy. Obviously a lot of thought and effort has gone into the code. Only wish the documentation was as thorough. I would like to see more detailed explainations and examples of operations common to most farms as well as some information on the concepts and structure of the program so we can have a better idea of how it was designed to be used.
SubjectAuthorPosted

Set up

Jim Hemminger January 27, 1997 12:00AM

Re: Set up

Tony Bowers January 28, 1997 12:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited