John, You can do the following to transfer/move an expense to a different account:
1. Go to the Payments & Purchases box and select the vendor that the expense applied to and enter the date that the expense was originally paid on. Enter a description such as "move expense".
2. Use the Purchase Option for Other Expenses and select the same expense account and enterprise (if applicable) that were originally used (this is the wrong account) and enter the amount that was originally used as a negative number (to reverse it).
3. Use the Purchase Option again and select the correct expense account and enterprise (if applicable) and enter the amount as a positive number.
4. You will have a balanced transaction that you can record that will move the expense from the wrong account to the right account.
You will be unable to delete accounts that have been used. However, you can do the following:
1. Go to General Ledger and select Chart of Accounts and find the account that you wish to delete and double-click on it.
2. The rename account box will appear. Rename the account so that "Z DO NOT USE" is in front of the account name. For example, if the account was Miscellaneous, I would rename it Z DO NOT USE Miscellaneous. The Z will make sure that the account appears at the end of any lists (so it will be effectively hidden) and the Do not use is an extra reminder not to use the account again. Note that as long as the account does not have a balance, it will not appear on any reports.
3. You can click and drag the account to the end of your expenses to move it out of the way.