News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: creating a topo from 3rd party data

Search Discussion Boards
July 22, 2015 10:26AM
So as to not confuse anyone that may read this thread for their own use, I am giving the step by step how I did this.
1. right click on the enterprise (in my case it was tiling), select export, for file type select ArcView shape file and select where to save it. I named mine tilingshp.shp
2. open QGIS, click on the word Layer, add vector layer then select the tilingshp.shp file that you saved. CRS should come up as WGS 84, click ok
3. click on the word vector/Geometry Tools/Extract Nodes select where to save it and name it. I called mine tilingnodes.shp
4. In Farm Works Surface, read job data/generic import/shape file and select tilingnodes.shp
5. right click on the tilingnodes you just created in Farm Works then click export, for export file type I selected Comma Separated Value, named the file (tilingcsv.csv) and saved it.
6. Read job data/generic import/soil sample. Take the check marks out of the used column for anything other than LAT/LON/ALT/GPS QUAL
7. Once imported, right click on tilingcsv, select properties and change the type next to elevation from numbers to elevation.
8. If your field does not have a boundary, you need to draw one prior to the next step
9. Right click on your filename (tilingcsv) again and select Create Topographic Layer

Hopefully that makes sense to anyone trying to duplicate what I did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2015 10:43AM by james.p.gordon.
SubjectAuthorPosted

creating a topo from 3rd party data

james.p.gordonJuly 21, 2015 08:31AM

KathyClineJuly 21, 2015 11:33AM

james.p.gordonJuly 21, 2015 03:47PM

KathyClineJuly 21, 2015 05:46PM

james.p.gordonJuly 22, 2015 09:15AM

james.p.gordonJuly 22, 2015 10:26AM

KathyClineJuly 22, 2015 11:44AM

james.p.gordonJuly 22, 2015 12:29PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited