News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: creating a topo from 3rd party data

Search Discussion Boards
July 21, 2015 03:47PM
Sorry Kathy, I understand that. We use WM-Drain and WM Survey in other applications.

What we are attempting to do is using an FMX with two globes, one to steer the tractor and one to monitor (not control) the grade of the tile along with mapping it. I have figured out how to monitor the trencher while steering by fooling the FMX into thinking it is controlling grade by attaching a valve module to the FMX but nothing else. By doing so, I put the WM-Drain into auto which also starts logging. The issue is, to fully utilize everything in Surface, I need topo data which I cannot collect while running WM-Drain in auto.

I know this is a Trimble help question along with a Farm Works help question. Being that no one has done what I am trying to do (to my knowledge) the easy answer is control the grade of the plow with GPS and the problem is solved. In our application, GPS grade control is not practical. I also have a customer that wants to do the same thing, monitor his plow (which is automated via a laser system) while steering his tractor. He wants to create tile maps from it, the same as us, and not have the difference in the globe on the tractor to the actual tile installation point.

If you could email me, it is in my profile, I will send you a picture of how we are tiling and why we can't use GPS -vs- laser to control grade in our application.

I am also researching extracting the data from the enterprise file as point data then importing a shp file to create a topo.

Thanks
Jim
SubjectAuthorPosted

creating a topo from 3rd party data

james.p.gordonJuly 21, 2015 08:31AM

KathyClineJuly 21, 2015 11:33AM

james.p.gordonJuly 21, 2015 03:47PM

KathyClineJuly 21, 2015 05:46PM

james.p.gordonJuly 22, 2015 09:15AM

james.p.gordonJuly 22, 2015 10:26AM

KathyClineJuly 22, 2015 11:44AM

james.p.gordonJuly 22, 2015 12:29PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited